Thursday, June 23, 2011

Further Progess



While my basic system worked on one level (in terms of surface structure), I needed to include a means to alter the overall shape of my model at any given time. This led to an overhaul of the way I had approached the creation of my system up to this point. The definition above uses Pframes to create a sine curve along any given curve, with sliders altering the frequency, amplitude, range, etc. By building this into my overall definition, I was able to alter the undulations of my model at different points along its length. As you can see in the top image, I ended up applying this definition to three points along the length of my building. For each iteration, I used sliders to alter the form of each curve and then lofted a surface between them, generating a new shape for my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment