Friday, March 25, 2011

Final 12 Iterations

Through the use of my variables, my final iterations are all dynamically and uniquely shaped. As my model was inspired from nature, I hope my iterations capture the random and beautiful way that organic forms often manifest themselves in. My theme, the human brain, is an organ that performs the same function in the billions of people on the planet, yet structurally no two are the same. It is this unique quality that I have particularly attempted to highlight.




Variable 1 - These iterations were created by modifying the offset of the points around each curve of the model. In doing so, the shape of the model changes dynamically, with parts of the model narrowing or widening relative to others.




Variable 2 - These next four iterations were produced by altering the length of the x, y and z vectors of the model. In doing so, the overall size and shape of the form changed. Also noticeable was the fact that generally as the vectors increased in length, the model took on a more ordered structure.





Variable 3 - These last iterations are the result of modifying the number of points along each curve of the model, and in doing so, the number of "tubes" that are created.

No comments:

Post a Comment